During a recent web writing class, I was surprised to learn several participants felt websites in general have only one main purpose: to sell products or services.
In the business realm, promoting products and services is common. However, there are many other types of websites, including:
- Personal or biographic websites, a.k.a. blogs
- News websites, which can complement newspapers
- Informational websites, designed to share information on specific topics or hobbies
- Instructional websites, ready to educate you, often cost-effectively and around the clock
- Community websites, or social websites, Web 2.0 sites…call them what you will
- And entertainment websites, made to distract or amuse you
If you’re looking to launch a new website, be sure to answer a few key questions before you employ a web designer, web writer or any one else. It’ll save you much money and time, and help you succeed.
Download 6 Fundamentals that Maximize Your Content Strategy
Develop Content that Converts into Predictable ROI with this Free Guide!
Leave a Reply