Adding a blog to your website is a simple and affordable way to enhance your online marketing efforts. By following a few guidelines, you can create a blog that helps strengthen your connection with both current and potential clients, while improving your search engine rankings.
Add personality to your brand. A regularly updated blog introduces your website visitors to the real people behind your business. Since blogs are often written in a casual, conversational style, you can let your personality shine through. Don’t be afraid to express your professional opinion on new developments in your industry, offer useful tips, or share something entertaining in your blog posts.
Demonstrate your knowledge. Blogging can also help you establish yourself as a source for information on current developments in your industry. If your blog content is relevant and well researched, your visitors will view you as an authority and keep coming back for more. They might even share links to your blog with their social networks, increasing your visibility among potential clients.
Get noticed by search engines. Your website’s search engine presence is determined by many factors, including the amount of incoming links to your site, and how often you add relevant content. The more your blog readers enjoy and create links to your content, the more search engines are likely to recognize your site in their search results.
Tips for Blogging Success
As an attractive feature for both humans and search engines, a blog is a valuable addition to your online marketing. But blogging does require time, so use it wisely.
1. Update your blog regularly: a short post a few times a week, coupled with alerts to your social networks, will do wonders to keep you top of mind with your clients, and top of page with search engines.
2. Make your posts useful: provide concise, informative, and entertaining content, and your site visitors will be encouraged to return. Post something you found useful – chances are your visitors will agree, and they’ll appreciate your sharing. If it’s not your original content, don’t forget to give proper credit to the source.
3. Keep it simple: like any other web content, it’s important to keep your blogs short and to the point. People will leave in a hurry if you don’t offer something useful right away, so don’t get carried away with a lengthy rant.
4. Add visuals: adding photos, videos, and audio can make your blog posts more visually appealing to your readers. Most blog programs make it easy to incorporate these elements into your posts.
5. Have fun: online marketing is becoming increasingly social, so let your blog readers know that you have personality and like to laugh just like everyone else. Like life, your blog doesn’t always have to be about business, so share something hilarious or beautiful once in a while, and connect on a personal level with your audience.
Download 6 Fundamentals that Maximize Your Content Strategy
Develop Content that Converts into Predictable ROI with this Free Guide!
Leave a Reply