Before you start your website’s development, it’s a good idea to determine who will be in charge of website updates and how much time will be required to stay on top of them, suggests Brad Haima of Circle, an Abbotsford-based Vancouver web design firm.
“Many companies have great expectations but are often too busy to do simple website updates,” said Haima. “Having a good game plan ahead of time will allow you to prepare for how much time and staff you are willing to commit to website updates.”
He points out there are a number of pros and cons for each site editing option:
Outsourcing to a Web Design Firm
1. Work will be done professionally and reflect the image your company deserves.
2. Because each page is edited manually your site can have a unique look throughout rather than a website that uses the same template over and over on every page.
3. Many web firms can also provide automated software solutions.
1. Good web design firms are busy so getting edits done right away may not always be possible.
2. The costs for their services are more expensive than hiring an in house web master or using an automated solution.
Hiring an In-House Webmaster
1. You have a designated person who can do any changes to the website right away.
2. Because each page is edited manually your website can have a unique look throughout rather than a website that uses the same template over and over on every page.
1. If your website is small then there may not be enough work to keep a full-time webmaster busy.
2. The abilities and quality of the work done by a low-cost webmaster or employee many not reflect the image and/or quality your company is looking for. So, over time, your website can degrade from its original design.
For more information about website maintenance solutions—and websites in general—you can visit Circle’s web design site, or contact their web designers directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download 6 Fundamentals that Maximize Your Content Strategy
Develop Content that Converts into Predictable ROI with this Free Guide!
There is a weighted and mixed lies about the assumption of The big G deleting a site if your caught. Not if your cautious and are making sure that your SEO guy is including 3and 4 way linking strategies to the mix. Then, to buy backlinks becomes ideally one of the best SEO technique you can do.
Wow! You have This is a decent entry. Gnarly suggestions too. Thanks alot
Great read, thanks for putting it up.